Monday, September 14, 2015

Ljubljana, Slovenia: Achieve for Him

Moji dragi živijo :))))) WHAT A WEEK.. Everyone is finally back from the sea because school is starting.. And I am now really learning that Ljubljana really is a CITY!!! There is so much traffic.. so many people.. it is crazy.. We sometimes stay on the same street for hours just because we are trying to talk with EVERYONE..... I didn't realize this many people could squeeze  into Ljubljana.. All in all, it is great.. more people to invite to hear about the gospel :) 

I think every week for the past few months I could have entitled my letters with MIRACLES... Once again, they are out there!! I really think it is now that I am choosing to find miracles, that I am recognizing they are ALWAYS there if we just lift up our eyes. 

Because we don't have a senior couple here in Ljubljana or Kranj, we all do district meeting together and we are technically one big district. It is fun :) But last week, once we finished our district meeting with a sincere, kneeling prayer.. Our district leader said he felt inspired for us to find people to baptize. As a district we all made a goal with faith to put 4 people on baptismal date this week! (1 per companionship) This was a goal that was really stretching us, because none of us had any progressing investigators at the moment. With faith and hope we prayed and told the Lord we would work hard to achieve this goal. About an hour after district meeting we got a text from the Kranj Elders saying that "on the bus ride home, the Kranj sisters sat by someone they recognized they met in the previous week. They started talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ with her - faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, enduring to the end. As they talked with her, they asked her if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized in October. SHE ACCEPTED!" Just one hour after setting our goal, we saw it being fulfilled. The next day, Sister Redding and I were meeting again with the investigator who has been coming to church for 9 years (I told you about him last week.) As we followed up and asked him if he prayed to feel God's love, he said he did.. He felt so warm and so peaceful as he prayed alone, for the first time. We told him boldly, that the reason we are meeting with him is because our purpose as missionaries is to teach and to baptize. I told him that I knew that baptism was the MOST important thing he could be doing with his life right now. We extended a baptismal invitation, and he accepted!!!! 9 years of investigating, and he has never had a baptismal date before... We were so thrilled. 2 days later, the Kranj Elders called us.. And they said that they saw someone on the street, who they met about a month ago, through chalking the Plan of Salvation.. (CHECK OUT THE LINK AT THE END OF THE EMAIL..) They talked with him for a little and the extended the baptismal invitation, and he also accepted! The Ljubljana Elders are still faithfully trying to find someone before tomorrow's district meeting to put on baptismal date, and we KNOW that if it is the Lord's will, they will find someone. The Lord wants us to find success.. He wants us to see our goals being fulfilled. I know that as we make faithful goals, the Lord will help us if it is according to his timing. MIRACLES MIRACLES MIRACLES!!!!!!

On Tuesday night, Sister Redding and I were walking around talking with people.. And right as the sun went down, we started heading towards home. As we did so, there were these 2 people who pointed to us and started SPRINTING towards us.. I was a little nervous as not know what was going on.. It was dark and I could not see well - so I grabbed Sister Redding's arm, when I heard in LOUD.. AMERICAN.. ENGLISH.. "ARE YOU MORMON MISSIONARIES?!?!?!!!!!" These two people could not believe their eyes!!!! I laughed and told them yes and they could NOT believe that there were actually missionaries in Slovenia and in the Balkans! I could not stop laughing.. I think it was the first time on my mission, someone actually knew who the "sisters" were and we were ACTUALLY recognized! They were sweet members from southern New Jersey.. We felt so famous.. They were taking selfies with us, kept hugging us, and could not believe that we were missionaries in Slovenia.. It was funny and it made mine and Sister Redding's day. 




ALL IN ALL.. A wonderful week. Prayer is so key. I am working really hard right now to pray more earnestly. I think one of the greatest things we can learn in this life, is how to recognize the Lord's voice. We NEED to come to know his voice. I love in 3rd Nephi 33:3, how Nephi prayers so earnestly. As I was reading that scripture this week, I found I had written next to it in the MTC, "When was the last time you prayed like Nephi?" Nephi says that he prays for his people continually day by day.. His eyes water in his pillow each night as he prays for them. And then so confidently he says, "I KNOW THAT HE WILL HEAR MY CRY." When was the last time you prayed like Nephi? When you poured out your heart and soul to our Heavenly Father? 

"You cannot achieve FOR Him, WITHOUT Him. Go to Him first." When we align our will with the Father's, when we seek to do what HE wants, we then will achieve for Him. And we do that through PRAYER. 

I am happy, healthy, and doing so well. I love these precious lessons I am learning each day - we are SO blessed :) 
LOVE, S. NYDEGGER

p.s EVERYONE WATCH THIS!!! The Kranj elders made this video.. I think I have been telling you about how we are all trying chalk as a form of proselyting - gotta be CREATIVE and NEW.. Anyways Elder Rice is AMAZING at chalking - he is so talented with it... so the Kranj Elders made a video of all of it.. SO COOOOL


We were all so bad that I won with an 89!

Oven fresh bread!
 

She didn't accept our discussion invitation, but she gave fresh produce!

Cutest cottage ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment