Monday, July 20, 2015

Ljubljana, Slovenia: Miracles

Hi Everyone! 

GOOD LUCK TO ELDER WILSON!!! I love you Zac! I am praying for you this week. You are a great example to me. And I am so happy Sister G made it home! She looks great.. It makes my heart so happy, I am so thankful for missionaries!

So my new companion is Sister Kropušek. We will have about 2 weeks together, and then she heads home! She was serving in Serbia, but because of visa problems, had to leave the country. But it is really cool, her family is from Slovenia! Her great, great grandpa was Slovene. So we are doing a lot of work this week to try to find some of her family! But she is great, and I am enjoying working with her. She does not know Slovene, so that is a little difficult.. but we are making it work! We sorta just speak a whole bunch of what we call "Balkanese"... of Slovene, Croatian, Serbian, and Bosnian. It is nice though, because now when we get the excuse on the street that they only know Croatian or Serbian.. She will quickly respond in Croatian! There is no way out for people now ;) 


We had an amazing week with many miracles!! We contacted a man, and talked with him about what is important to him in his life. He responded in Bosnian.. and luckily I could understand what he was saying.. at least most of it... And he said he now lives in Germany! But has his papers here in Slovenia.. So he was doing a lot of visa work. But we told him about how we believe that we can live with our families for eternity! He agreed to give us his information so that missionaries can teach him now in Germany! 

We met again with [YYY] this week! She is reading from the Book of Mormon and she had such great questions about repentance. She was asking, how do we know we have been forgiven? What do we feel? I felt the spirit strongly as I testified to her about repentance. I am grateful for the Atonement, and that each week we have the opportunity to repent and be better.. and to KEEP TRYING! She came to church yesterday as well, and she loved the spirit she felt! All of the members were so loving and kind to her as well.  It was very happy :) 

Another miracle was while we were out tracting in 104 degree weather.. ooohhh wow it was HOT! No one is really out to contact because it was so hot, so we have to go to their homes. At least they are staying a little cooler inside so they are more comfortable when we invite them to learn about our Savior. But as we were sweating and knocking.. a family let us in for some water.... and only some water :) but it was a miracle and MUCH needed! 

We had a great conversation with a man on a bench this week. We talked to him about prayer. He thought it was very interesting, and asked me what I pray for. He then told me not to answer, but just to ponder. I am grateful he asked me that question, because it has made my thoughts and my prayers more meaningful. I am so grateful for prayer and the communication we can have with our Father in Heaven. 

On Wednesday we were out contacting, and a young girl walked passed us, but we quickly turned around and asked if we could talk with her for a minute. We started telling her about the restored gospel, and the spirit was directing the contact in a way that we soon realized was exactly what she needed to hear. She ended up talking about revelation and things our prophet has told us about today. I am grateful that our Heavenly Father loves us so much, to give us Prophets!! Someone who can lead and guide us. 

I am so grateful for this gospel. Each day as I testify of it to those around me, my testimony is strengthened of God's personal, individual LOVE for us! He loves us so much that He has given us the Book of Mormon, prayer, prophets, families.. and so much more! So that we can be happy right now in this life, and also in the life to come. 

HAVE A HAPPY WEEK - I SURE LOVE YOU 
Love, Sestra Nydegger 

A member was so happy when we took her Birthday Cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment