Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Celje, Slovenia: Just follow the river...



FAM... IMAM TE RADA :)  I want to start off by saying thank you.. I love reading your emails everyweek. I feel so blessed for the amazing friends and family that I have.. I am so BLESSED. Thank you for making me feel LOVED!! This week Sister Brown and I got to do a spiritual thought for all the YSA in Slovenia! There were about five of them and we talked about Christ-like love and the love that Christ offers us. In Moroni chapter 7 we learn more about this Christ-like love, charity.


And it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
Wherefore, . . . pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons [and daughters] of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; . . . that we may be purified even as he is pure. 

Elder Holland has said, "True charity, the absolutely pure, perfect love of Christ, has really been known only once in this world—in the form of Christ Himself, the living Son of the living God. It is Christ’s love that Mormon goes to some length to describe for us and that Paul the Apostle did as well some years before, writing to the Corinthians in New Testament times. As in everything, Christ is the only one who got it all right, did it all perfectly, loved the way we are all to try to love. But even though we fall short, that divine standard is there for us. It is a goal toward which we are to keep reaching, keep striving—and, certainly, a goal to keep appreciating."

I love that.. We always can find ways to LOVE more and to share that love with those around us. We fall short as human, but because of the Atonement we can try again to be a little better and be a little more kind :) For valentines day my district went around to some of the members in our branch and heart attacked their doors. They all loved it. It made me happy to make others feel loved.




I am grateful for the LOVE I feel from my Heavenly Father and those around me every day. As Elder Holland says - "It is there through thick and thin. It endures through sunshine and shadow, through darkest sorrow and on into the light. It never fails. So Christ loved us, and that is how He hoped we would love each other." Let us all be a true disciples of Christ, and share that love to those around us.

I went on exchanges this week with the Kranjski sestri. I was with Sister Konietz! She is from Frankfort Germany. This is her last transfer and I had a lot of fun working with her for a few days. We made it a goal for that transfer to have FUN and be obedient, hard-working missionaries at the same time. We tried to be a little more creative with our daily routine of tracting and contacting. We also are focusing on commitments in simple street contacts. ALSO... when we went to tract huge blocks, we made a fun game to see who would get the weirdest, meanest, or funniest response on each floor ;) And if you did win the floor, you would get a point.. And whoever had the most points at the end of the day, got to pick out a treat or food for us to enjoy at night. I would start one door, and she would start the next. At the end of each floor we would laugh and decide who got the greatest response from people. ALSO WHOEVER GOT A NEW INVESTIGATOR WON THE GAMES HANDS DOWN RIGHT THEN.  I definitely won one floor, when I rang the doorbell and a old man opened the door... with NO PANTS ON.... Nothing, but a shirt........... So casual.. I don't think he even found that uncomfortable for him.. I felt so awkward and started to laugh and somehow could not get any words out... ahhhh.. Gotta love tracting :) 

On Friday, Sister Brown and I went to go meet with a potential found through contacting one day. We called her and she agreed to set up!!!!! So we got her address and soon realized it was farther away than we thought. We figured out train schedules and did our best to find it. We were on the train for a little and got off on the right stop, to soon realize we were in the middle of no where.... It was a little village with long corn fields and grape vines.. We started walking and after about 20 minutes of walking and not finding her address, we called her and she came and picked us up. We got to her house and we started talking with her about the gospel and soon lost complete control of the lesson as she went off about her own faith and own beliefs. We tried to teach her, but she told us to not come back as missionaries - but that we could come back just as friends one day.. We said okay and asked for her help to get back to Celje. She drove us in her car somewhere, and brought us to a river. She told us just to follow the river and it will lead us back to Celje.. As we looked down the long straight river that seemed to lead to no where, we asked her again. And she said "Še napre!!!" Straight ahead.. We laughed and agreed confused to where in the world we were, and started walking through the muddy snow/slush along the river to get home.




I felt like I was in the Wizard of Oz and being told to follow the yellow brick road... forever... and ever.. We kept walking.. and walking.. in the middle of no where.. After about an hour and a half of walking, we were SO relieved to finally see the Celje castle in our distance.. hahaha such an adventure.. just gotta follow the Savinja reka :) 

YIKES! ANyway another great week in the country of Slovenija! Thank you for your prayers.. I feel them. I am really doing well! I have an incredible companion... I am living in a beautiful place.. And i feel the spirit so strongly day to day, hour to hour.. I relaly could not be more happy.


Have a wonderful happy week.. I love you!

Sestra Nydegger

While at a zone conference in Kranj!

Message delivery snowman!




sometimes when youre out contacting all day, you get a little tired and gotta keep things fun.. so we made this video and showed it to the elders. HAHA THEY LITERALLY THINK I ATE YELLOW SNOW.. little do they know we just bought yellow syrup and put it in the snow so it was like a snow cone.. 

LOL MY COMP JUST REMINDED ME THAT WE STILL HAVENT TOLD THEM IT WAS A JOKE!! hahahahaha ew they think I am so weird 

No comments:

Post a Comment