Friday, November 21, 2014

MTC: "Fear not, little flock."

Zivijo vsi!!! 

This was a crazy, busy week, (I feel like I say this every week.. but they keep getting more and more busy!!!) and I am so excited to leave for Slovenia in three days! We leave Sunday night... or technically Monday morning at 3:30.. And will go from here to Chicago, then to Germany, and then to Croatia!! And then Elder Hughes and I will take a train together to Slovenia. This morning was the last time in the temple for a few months and it was a wonderful experience. I am so grateful for the temple and the opportunity to go every week. I love the spirit that is felt there. We are so blessed to have so many close to us! This week I Skyped with Ivan from Slovenia.. and as soon as he saw my name tag, he told me he has been talking with my Mom this past week!!! He explained everything about my visa to me... So THANK YOU to Mom for helping with that!! While I was Skyping him, I saw a little girl in the back ground... and got so excited because I haven't ever talked to a girl in Slovene before!! I said hi to her, and she came over and talked with us for a little. She was nine years old and plays the violin. I told her that I love to play the piano and she got so excited to play music together!! She had the cutest Slovene accent and I look forward to seeing her in person soon!

This week I have been studying and thinking about the Atonement. I was reading in D&C -

34-Therefore, fear not, little flock ; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

35-Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

36-Look unto me in every thought ; doubt not, fear not.

37-Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.


Isn't that the most comforting scripture?? It is such a wonderful promise that we have a Savior who loves us and can help us- ALWAYS. Christ died for us and suffered for us so that we may not be scared... So that we can learn to be brave! And so that we can know, that someone knows how we feel always. I love the story of the prodigal son. I love that when he is returning home, his father RUNS to him, and meets him.. And he falls at his feet and rejoices that he is home. I imagine that is how our Heavenly Father feels. We just have to make the step, and "return home", and then our Father in Heaven is anxiously waiting to run to our feet and help us. We just need to take that step. And that step is just simply praying and asking for help. 

It is sometimes easy to complain when things are hard, or when we don't understand completely why we have to go through certain things... but it is crucial to remember that Heavenly Father knows us and is aware of us. He has a plan and we need to trust in that. Elder Holland once said that "Sometimes we have to go through pain and sorrow, to come to more fully appreciate the atonement. To shed one of the tears that our Savior shed for us." I also like to think that sometimes Christ has us suffer, because he wants us to turn closer to Him. He wants us to pray and ask for help. Like I said previously, he is anxiously waiting to help, we just need to turn to Him. He wants to make our burden light and easier to carry. Sometimes things get placed upon us, that may seem "too big" or "too hard" but with Christ's help we can do all things. Through prayer and trusting in Him, those things that seem hard, soon will become easier! We just need to TRUST AND NOT BE AFRAID. That is one thing I am learning everyday as a missionary!! Learning a language is HARD- but each day it gets a little easier because I am turning to my Heavenly Father. I love this gospel with all my heart. I am so excited to serve the people in Slovenia and teach them this wonderful and hopeful message- That HE LIVES. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for someone who can truly help us with all things. He can take WEAK things, and make them STRONG. He can make us braver than we ever thought we could become. We are so blessed!!!

Love you all.. Next time you hear from me, I will be in SLOVENIA!!

Sestra Nydegger

Two friends from my Zone - Elder Brown (Slovakia) and Munchen (Bulgaria)

Happy B-Day Elder Hughes!

Last temple trip for a while.

New friend at MTC - Sister Stromberg.

Slovenia - here I come!

Travel plans.

MY AMAZING TEACHERS - thank you thank you 


My district 

the zone 

the real companions hahahaha








2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Nicole Cuthbert and apparently my daughter, Sestra Holly Cuthbert will be training your daughter for the next nine weeks. This will be Holly's last transfer and is very excited to be spending this time with your "Golden" daughter. It will be fun to hear what happened this week with the two of them. If you are interested in reading Holly's experiences - she too has a blog, the address is http://sestrahollyannecuthbert.blogspot.com/ Best Wishes to you.

    Nicole Cuthbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicole - we look forward to reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete