Thursday, November 13, 2014

MTC: "Christ-like love flowing from the righteous can CHANGE the world!"






Živijo prijatelji in družina!!!

Once again a busy and crazy week in the MTC.. I am doing my best each day to work hard and to learn everything that I am meant to learn while here in the MTC. I am also trying even harder each and everyday to focus on what Heavenly Father is trying to teach me and what He wants me to accomplish. I have made some goals of what I want to accomplish before I leave and I am working hard to achieve those goals.

One of my goals was to memorize the first vision in Slovene before I left the MTC. Thanks to Elder Hughes and my teachers I finally have it!!! My brain is very slow for memorizing things sometimes.. So I am so happy to finally have it memorized. As it has strengthened my language skill and slovene vocabulary, memorizing it also strengthened my testimony of Joseph Smith in numerous ways. This week in choir, we sang "Praise to the Man." It was so powerful. I love bearing my testimony to others through music. One of my favorite lines to sing as a missionary was... "WAKE UP THE WORLD." Joseph Smith was one of the most powerful missionaries, who died to prove that the Book of Mormon is true, and that His church truly was restored. As a missionary now,
it is my job to help wake up the world and teach them our simple message. I love the knowledge that I have of Joseph Smith and I look up to him and his bravery.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to skype with someone from Slovenia again! This time it was by myself. I was nervous but Heavenly Father is helping me to be brave!!! I am learning more Slovene each and everyday - Elder Hughes and I are trying to speak slovene always... at least the words we know. I skyped Alex who has been a member for a year today!!! He had such a wonderful light about him, and I couldn't help but smile as I talked with him about faith. I have so much love already for the people in Slovenia and I cannot wait to serve them.

This week I have been focusing on the Christ-like attribute, charity and love. One of the closing songs we sang the other night was "As I have loved you." I was overcome by the spirit and felt very inspired as I sang the words...

"By this shall men know, ye are my disciples."

Love. Love is how people can see the light of Christ in our eyes. People will see that we are examples and disciples of Christ if we show our love to them. I was studying charity for personal study yesterday, and I love how in Moroni 7 it says that charity suffereth long... charity is kind... charity envieth not, is not puffed up- but
is the PURE love of Christ. I love that scripture and I am striving to display those characteristics and be a better example of the pure love of Christ. Christ loves us, and that is how He hoped we would love each other. With PURE Christ-like love, CHARITY. After all, the greatest commandment is to "love one another" as Christ loves us. I love the quote by Shakespeare that says, "They do not love, those who don't share their love." We need to express love in word and in deed. We can do that by sending a note to a friend, or giving a hug to a family member, or expressing gratitude and telling people thank you... or by simply telling people that you love them. In 1st Corinthians 13:13, we learn that faith, hope, and charity are all qualities that we need, but the most important is charity. I challenge everyone to show a little more love to those around you. To pray, and ask for charity. To forgive others who have harmed or wronged you. To help those who are struggling or in need of comfort. Or to say positive things about others. I know that as we do this, we are filled with charity- and it will become easier to obey God's commandments and help those around us more. Charity helps us to be more patient... And charity, like faith- leads to action. I know that we will develop more Charity as we look for opportunities to serve and love those around us.

I wrote in my journal last night the following - I am serving a mission because of the Christ-like love I have felt from my Savior. I am serving a mission because of the joy it brings me to share this Christ-like love. I am serving a mission, to ultimately show my love to our Savior completely. I offer him my heart because I love him.

Hvalažen sem za Jezususa Kristusa en svoj odkupna daritev. Ljubim ga en mi radi biti misionarka!!!

I love you all.. so much!!! Be happy and find more reasons to show love to those around you!

Sestra Nydegger


family pics with the district 

District in blue outside temple.

Elder Hughes Skyping with Alex of Slovenia.

First snow storm at the MTC!

Look who happened to be at the temple ;) 

Our second to last temple trip in Provo.

Souer Back is now in France!

With Sister Steele.

Our trio companionship.



No comments:

Post a Comment